For some reason, I had the bonkers idea to sniff, sample and review as many perfumes as I can in 2010....

Sunday 14 March 2010

Review - L'Heure Bleue (Guerlain)

Originally posted at Dreamwidth on February 05, 2010.

Notes include neroli, anise, rose, jasmine, iris, carnation, tonka, vanilla, amber.

Powder powder powder powder powder. But no goddamn neroli. Seriously what is UP with my skin chemistry and citrus scents. It's a damn nuisance. Instead this is a nice iris/carnation hit. Floral without being too much like Gumby shouting "hello I'm a bunch of flowers".


After about 20 minutes I notice something else. In the same way that most B Never scents just tend to say "hello I came from B Never" on my skin, Guerlain scents appear to do the same thing. I got the same kind of powdery whiff from Shalimar too. I may have to do a compare contrast with those two and Mitsouko. Don't get me wrong, I love this as much as I loved Shalimar but neither of them appear to have the "Hello, my name's Gypsy, what's yours?" effect that I'd like from a signature scent.

It dries down into an amber/vanilla blend which is beautiful, but it faded very fast indeed. A lovely scent, classical Guerlain but probably not one I'd buy a full bottle of.

Guerlain don't do 1ml samples of the classic scents as they are so well known, but those lovely people at The Perfumed Court do decants for a reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment