For some reason, I had the bonkers idea to sniff, sample and review as many perfumes as I can in 2010....

Sunday 14 March 2010

Review - Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum

Originally posted at Dreamwidth on ebruary 01, 2010


Top Notes
Saffron, Coriander.

Middle Notes
Moroccan Rose, Jasmin, Magnolia, Ylang Ylang, White Gardenia.

Base Notes
Vetiver, Amber, Musk.



Not sure what that top note is when you first spray (guessing saffron, it's very sharp) but then you get big whiff of rose and jasmine. Also something slightly soapy, almost off. What IS that...


The soapy smell is quite distracting because the floral is brilliant, but still soap? Plastic? Something very strange for sure. But that doesn't mean I don't like it. I think it would go very well with the outfit I bought yesterday, it's very confident. And I keep getting a waft of musk rising up, which surprised me so soon on my skin. Dear lord though, it's strong, you have to be very sparing with this.

Wow, that musk is very... intimate... no wait, that's the vetiver. This suggests a very personal relationship. Kind of blindsided me there. I mean I know it's marketed as a seduction scent and I can see why. This is real rip your clothes off stuff. It's not subtle AT ALL. And not for les jaunes either, this would be terribly wrong on a 17 year old...

It's also NOT a day scent. Well, not unless you want men going "guh" at every opportunity. (And who doesn't want that?) Put it this way, I wouldn't wear it to the office or anywhere I was planning to be with work colleague. Nor would I wear it around the in-laws. Objects of my affection? They'd be totally fair game though...

I think also I want to test this later in the day, it does seem a bit brash in the sunlight.

This is such a dirty dirty floral, really upfront about what it wants. I like that... ;) The musk is civit-like and for some people I think the fragrance will stand or fall on how you respond to that. As it sits on my skin it also becomes very powdery, sitting very close.

Personally I love it. Worn wisely I think this could be a very effective scent indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment