For some reason, I had the bonkers idea to sniff, sample and review as many perfumes as I can in 2010....

Sunday 21 March 2010

Review - Knize Ten (Knize)

Top Notes
Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Petitgrain, Rosemary .

Middle Notes
Geranium, Cedarwood, Rose, Orris, Carnation, Cinnamon, Sandalwood .

Base Notes
Leather, Musk, Moss, Amber, Castoreum and Vanilla

When my little 1ml decant of this arrived from Les Senteurs, I thought perhaps I'd found my hard limit for leather. It's very dense in the bottle, almost petrol-like.


Yet on my skin it starts to soften pretty quickly. Probably because my skin appears to eat up ALL the top notes again (damn you citrus!), so I get LOTS of wood, with vague florals and a lovely leather backbone. Faun has just sniffed it and pretty much tried to get as much as possible in her nose, so I'm guessing it smells as good on me as I think it does!

One thing I've realised almost straight away is that this won't be a daytime perfume for me, unless I'm kicking ass and taking names. Faun, who has just sniffed it again, says that her first thought was of a female assasin, and we've pretty much agreed that Elektra probably smells of Knize Ten.



The longer it's on my skin, the more cedar I get, for me this is all cedar and leather right now...ooh with a teeny bit of vanilla.

After a couple of hours I thought it had it had disappeared completely, but every now and again I get a quick whiff of this floating around my skin. I'm really impressed with this scent, it is much more than I expected it to be, and something I definitely want to wear again. While a full sized bottle is a bit pricey, there is a 15ml available for just over a tenner. SOLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment