For some reason, I had the bonkers idea to sniff, sample and review as many perfumes as I can in 2010....

Sunday 14 March 2010

Review - J'Adore (Christian Dior)

Originally posted over at Dreamwidth on February 03, 2010.

J'Adore features top notes of fresh ivy leaves, champaca and mandarin; middle notes of orchids, rose, jasmine, lily of the valley and violet; and base notes of amaranth wood, Damascus plum, blackberry, musk and vanilla.

First hit of very white flowers, slight fizz on wet,then soapy rose and a vague hint of peach.
Feel this is going to be powedery in dry down. It doesn't feel as nuanced as some of the Becker fragrances I've smelt recently, but according to The Perfume Guide it has been reformulated. (Which is a pity as the description of the original sounded divine!).

As a result this is not as good as I'd expect from Becker, it's nice enough but not particularly outstanding. Indeed at the moment it smells like a nice soap from Boots more than anything. Good sillage if you like it, but as I'm not bothered...

To be honest, it's very close to a scrubber on me, but in the interests of my fair readers I feel I need to see how the drydown pans out. (I hope you appreciate this). Don't get me wrong, it's not particularly unpleasant, but nor is it inspiring or remarkable. It smells clean and pretty though.

It descends into a slight, soapy rose, brings no surprises to the table and it actually rather disappointing. I couldn't smell any of the basenotes, which is a surprise bearing in mind how much my skin amps vanilla and musk. I still have a sample going if anyone would like it....

No comments:

Post a Comment