For some reason, I had the bonkers idea to sniff, sample and review as many perfumes as I can in 2010....

Saturday 10 April 2010

Scent arrivals this week

I've not a proper review post this week because I'm all full of cold, and don't think my nose is up to it. This is a damn shame as I've got some fantastic stuff this week. I have sniffed everything though, so nose fuddled musings are :


Histoires des Parfums Tuberose #3: Animale - bit of tuberose, bit of leather. Nice but neither jump out as I'd expect them to. Looking forward to testing this.

Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan - this already smells amazingly good. I may have to buy a big bottle of this for Matt and I. Again, one to test very soon.

Bal a Versaille - Jean Desprez - First impression, if Shalimar had been born in a barn it would smell like this. BIG on the day. Again, looking forward to test.

Etats Libre d'Orange - Secretions Magnifique - wholly unremarkable aquatic floral. I quite like it in the vial (which is double bagged!). Can't wait to do a test, am considering an "as it happens" audio or video review.

Creed - Tuberose Indiana - WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

Diptych - Tam Dao - death by sandalwood. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Cumming the Fragrance - uh-oh. Bad first impression. Lots of peat and oakmoss, not a lot else. Boo. Hoping I'm wrong about that.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Psychological Horror - In the bottle I smell powder, cumin, and earth that's had dead things in it. Matt had a very extreme reaction when he sniffed it, shuddering and saying it was a deeply disturbing smell. I've agreed never to test it around him (so September, then for that one!) and we both agree that this is what Sadako smells like. Weirdly brilliant, brilliantly weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment